Friday, June 29, 2007

Finally done!

Finally!! I'm done with my 11 second club acting shot. I really had fun doing it! wweeeeeeee!!!! Well, I wish I had more time for this, about 15 more days or at least 10! For this shot, I had to create about 0.7 seconds of acting based animation per day. Which is kinda fast. As far as I know, Pixar creates about 0.3 seconds of animation per day (thats what I've been told!), and I consider that a standard. I had about 14 days in hand and I spent about 4 days on planning and drawing and the rest on my animation. I had fun doing it, as I really had to PUSH myself hard at the end and speed up everything to meet the deadline, which I consider is a good exercise and it really helps you increase your overall animating speed, and build up your confidence. This was indeed my first full blown acting shot! I've learned a lot doing this, and I hope that I create much better stuff next time! This is just a start.... ;) heh!
Oh yes, I'll show you my animation very soon. So, stay tuned....

-A

4 comments:

DJ said...

dude.. wheres the 11 sec club piece??
Cant wait to see how it turned up.

DJ

Amrit Derhgawen said...

Hi Dj!

Sorry about that but, I not making it public right now as I don't want any biased votes. I'll put my animation here very soon! So... keep visiting! :)

It all turned out well, I guess! I'm not too worried about the results though. Who cares about winning and losing? I certainly don't! Yeah! I know I'm a wise guy! hehe... Well, I've learned a lot and gained a lot of confidence from this acting shot and that really makes me feel like a winner! :) So, I tried my best to make this animation look good in just 10 days of time. And I think I'm quite successful in my attempt. :) Cheers!

-amrit

DJ said...

dude.. i think i know which one is yours.. the sitting on the bed one.. right? did i guess it right?

Amrit Derhgawen said...

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How can you say that? Because of the poor animation quality? Well.... I don't know! Maybe you're right! There you go... you got your answer! HAHAHAHAHAHA..... lol! And I know which one is yours! That bishop animation is yours and I've already seen that in your Jumpcut page. ;) Man....am I clever!

I liked your animation a lot. You're more on the subtle side...which is good. I'm kinda more towards toony side which may or may not be that favorable for me! Lets see... I've got a LOT to learn. Good luck to you!

Cheers! :)

-A