Monday, June 18, 2007

Acting shot in progress...



Hey everyone!

I'm working on an acting scene right now. Sorry, can't tell you what it is! I'll post it here (only if it looks really cool) when I'm done with it. Okay, you know what? I'm making it for the new 11 second club (ssshhhh.....!! Don't tell this to anyone!), and I'm struggling to find some time for it.
For the past 3 days, I've been planning it in my head and on paper and watching my video reference (in that, I look like a big dumbass). Today, I finally fired up Maya and made my key drawings/poses in 3D. Now tomorrow what I'll do is, I'll roughly sync my storytelling poses with the sound file to see if it works and I'll show it to some of my talented friends to get their feedback. I haven't done the breakdowns yet. I've noticed that whenever I make cool looking breakdowns, I tend to fall in love with my key drawings and breakdowns. And I don't like any crits! Thats bad, and it shouldn't be like this. So this time, I'll keep things simple so that I can change anything, anytime.

Working on this kinda heavy acting scene makes me tired sometimes. So, I just start doing something else, not for too long though. Sometimes I listen to music, or sometimes I even start working on simple walk cycles or I start playing with different rigs. And sometimes when I get tired of working in 3d, and when I get tired of that Maya UI, I just start drawing/sketching or I make simple 2d animations. That really keeps me alive! hehh....

So this time, I may post here some of those extra work. Stay tuned!

-A

P.S. Sorry, I cannot post any of my acting shot WIPs here. I wanna keep that a secret right now! ;)

No comments: