Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Milt Walk Cycle

Yep! Right now, I'm working on my acting shot. Today, I wanted to do something else so I made this cartoony walk cycle just for a change and to have fun. I hope you like it. heh....
Oh yeah, I still have to finish that "And Bamm" animation. Huh! So much to do! Don't worry, I won't take too long. You know, I'm quite fast! right?....heh!

Well, here's walk...



Model used : Milt

AN UPDATE: I've updated the walk cycle and fixed a couple of major issues with its toes. Thanks to a good friend for pointing them out. I've fixed its hands and feet/toes, and now I think it looks a lot better. :)

(LAST) UPDATE # 2: I took my good friend, DJ's points into consideration and fixed my walk cycle. Thanks to DJ! I know, its not perfect. And now, I can't devote anymore time for this. Its done!

THE FINAL UPDATE (yep, this is final!) :
I looked at my walk animation for about 20 minutes and asked a few other people to compare my new walk cycle and the old one, and they said that they find the previous one better. I think I too, like the previous one more. Since there is no such thing as a right or wrong walk, and its all a matter of preference or taste, and that straight spine doesn't bother me at all, since its a matter of character. I don't have to bend it forward if it doesn't look good on the character or on that type of walk. So, I'm getting back to my old walk cycle. :)

-A

2 comments:

DJ said...

my comment on this one is:

1. neck is not showing head weight.. his head is so big, it could use a bit more weight.. bending the neck forward through out the entire animation would really help.. i mean, a little bit forward so that it doesnt feel stiff..

same goes with the body.. it seems a bit ram-rod straight from side and persp views.. you can bend him slightly forward for a nice reverse "C" shape through out the body and the neck..

I hope i am making sense.. good work anyways.. keep rocking!

DJ

Amrit Derhgawen said...

Cool! Thanks for the comments dj. I totally agree with you. I'm glad you pointed them out. Aaargh..I wish I had some time to fix them. Actually, I could've spent some more time, maybe a day or two to make it better.heh.. Anyhow, thanks a lot for the comment. :)

Cheers!
-A